Uploading Native Files
Benefits of Uploading Native Files vs. Conversion Services
Ordering PCBs just got EASIER, FASTER, more CONVENIENT, and more ACCURATE using your Native Files rather than Gerber files. Sunstone now eliminates the need for CAD conversion services for customers placing PCB orders with us.
Instead of submitting Gerber files with your order, you can order your prototype boards using your native design files. We will do the CAD conversion for you.
Native Files to CAD Conversions
Native files to CAD conversion is only available if you create your PCB design file in one of the following packages:
- Altium (including Protel and other Altium-owned tools)
- National Instruments Circuit Design Suite
- Sunstone's Free PCB123 design software
Just place your order as normal, and when it comes time to upload the CAD files, just send us the native files. We’ll do the CAD conversion for you. It really is that simple … and free. That’s right we provide our CAD conversion services to our customers for free!
Benefits of Native PCB Design Files vs. Third Party CAD Conversion
- More consistent conversion – we convert from Gerbers everyday; you design everyday. With Native File Upload, you can just design; we've got the conversion covered.
- Faster transition to ordering – you have enough to worry about in your design without stressing over Gerber exports. Just attach the PCB design file, and you’re done.
- Reduced Delays in manufacture – believe it or not, incorrect Gerbers are one of the most common reasons orders go on hold, or suffer delays. Our CAD conversion services from native files will prevent untimely delays for your PCB order.
- Improved revision control – it happens every day. Customers modify a design, place an order for a revision of the board, but accidentally send us Gerbers from an earlier version – another wasted design spin. Make the changes, send us the new version of the PCB design file, and you have the peace of mind that we received your most up-to-date design data.
- No extra charge