V4.1.25 release notes
1. A new "Netlist" submenu has been added to the main menues of both the layout and schematic views. The submenu provides two choices, "Compare/Update Design" and "Manage Stored Part Associations...". Both allow access to the parts taxonomy and to the individual footprint libraries and complete control over the parts selected for the import.
2. 0603 footprint deleted from standard.slb library.
3. Added ability to support up to 16 layers by selecting Ctrl + Alt + L from PCB123 layout.
4. Fixed schematic symbols changing to block symbols during save backup file operation from board configuration.
5. Fixed blank bom and schematic after importing netlist.
6. Fixed connections on schematic not showing up on layout.
7. Fixed inoperative print button on netlist import changes dialog.
8. Changed the default search location for netlist import to “My Documents”.
9. Fixed printing schematic page cutting off top and right borders.
10. Fixed gerber output issue that created a diagonal clearance in filled copper areas.
11. Fixed importing a netlist results in duplicated parts in the bom.
12. Fixed netlist import so that default search is done using Package not Part Type.
13. Fixed the rendering problem where drill holes went away switching to soldermask layers.
14. Fixed crash when viewing part properties from the Select Part window.
15. Fixed imported netlist changes that do not update schematic.
16. Fixed schematic printing issue that would print text on schematic with _TEXTSIZE property set to ‘0’.
17. Fixed crash on mouse over PCB123 menu option.
18. Control-F in the layout now centers the full screen cursor on the sought after object at the current resolution of the layout. With the cursor hovering over the object, the object's tooltip appears highlighting the successful search. Additionally, the found object will be highlighted (as all objects are when the cursor hovers above them).
V22.214.171.124 release notes
1. Enabled ability to edit x,y position for grouped layout pins - modified the validations of the edit pin properties page to enable changing the x-coordinate if none of the selected pins already share y-coordinates or changing the y-coordinate if none of the selected pins already share x-coordinates, but to not enable changing both coordinates unless only one pin is selected. The code is not otherwise checking for overlapping pins (i.e. two pins that touch copper but which do not have the same x and y-coordinates).
2. Added ability to print 3D view.
3. Pins added with using the add pin tool now have the thermal property checked by default.
4. WYSIWYG showing connections on layout view that would not show up on finished boards has been fixed.
5. Schematic intersection points can be moved by dragging a box around the intersection point to select the net then left click and hold to move to point.
6. The hole size tolerance for PCB123 14 mil holes has been corrected to show +0/-.014”. The reason for the +0 is the hole is drilled with a 13.5 mil drill so it will never be larger than 14 and -.014” is because the hole, if plated, may be plugged with solder.
7. Multi-section symbol properties can now be made visible without an error message.
8. Non-plated holes will now report the correct size in the drill drawing.
9. The master taxonomy file has been update. This corrects any parts that are found in the wrong categories.
10. Switching between schematic pages after a copy and paste operation will no longer undo the last paste operation.
11. Several changes and fixes added to the schematic print function. Right border is now displayed when printed and fit to page is centered when printing in landscape mode.
12. The print icon is the Statistics Report now works.
13. The silkscreen over copper DRC warning has been disabled.
14. The DRC Summary popup that is displayed after running a DRC check is now resizable.
15. If 2.5 oz Cu is selected the default trace/space is set to .013”. If you then switch to 1 oz Cu the trace and space settings for 2.5 oz Cu will remain.
16. Renaming a net on the layout will not remove existing schematic wires. A global port labeled with the new net name will be attached to the schematic wire.
PCB123 v4.1.19 Release Notes
1. Using the replace port with wire functionality no longer affects layout routed traces.
2. User's preference rotation increment now displays fractions properly.
3. Deleting a part with only ground connections no longer removes all traces on the ground net.
4. Schematic page title block information now updates automatically with same label as schematic page tab name.
5. Edit panel label under Layer Display now shows full names.
6. Using the opposite command will show silkcreen text layer property on the on same layer as footprint.
7. F1 in Symbol Editor now brings up the User's Guide.
8. Loading a symbol using the Add existing button no longer removes hidden power pins from the symbol.
9. You can no only change the label attached to a port without also changing the net assinged to the port.
10. PCB123 now allows a 6 mil trace on a 1 oz Cu board.
11. Drill drawing symbols will now display properly if you change a tools size while viewing the drill drawing.
12. A pin property is now included to toggle if a pin connects to a filled polygon or plane directly or with a thermal relief. Also included a pin property to control if a pin is tented(covered by solder mask) or exposed through the mask.
13. A DRC message is provided as a warning if a plane layer is left unassigned or assigned to multiple nets.
14. You can no longer assign a net to an non-plated hole.
15. Unassigned copper is no longer scratched. As in 2.0, it contacts everything (including non-plated holes). A DRC error is emitted for every non-plated hole that is within 20 mils of an unassigned copper pour.
16. Routing from a routed track of one net to either another net's via between trace segments that span layers or to a board pin or to a fan out pin of a surface mount pad of another net will cause the user to be asked to merge nets. (Make sure when you drop the end point that it is exactly within the destination via).
17. Import/export XML should now handle files without crashing and will now save routed traces.
18. Hide splash screen check box removed.
19. Changes to schematic properties no longer print differently than they appear on screen. If properties are enabled for display on the screen, they are all placed at the schematic symbol's origin for placement by the user within the schematic.
PCB123 v4.1.16 Release Notes
1. Fixes for the problems of schematic pins becoming out-of-sync with layout pins when components use hidden pins.
PCB123 v4.1.15 Release Notes
1. 25,000 new parts added to taxonomy.
2. Taxonomy is now sorted.
3. Improved rendering of copper pour scratch to show changes to scratch width as it happens.
4. Closed a hole that allowed saving symbol/footprint edits to standard libraries rather than custom ones.
5. Made DRC summary dialog resizable.
6. Program now filters out duplicate unconnected net errors.
7. Fixed problem saving a design as a template when the design contains filled copper polygons assigned to a net that generated a crash.
8. Enabled the assignment of nets to unfilled polygons, arcs and circles.
9. Added libraries edited by Sal for CAD-4211 and CAD-4032
10. Added more guidance to board configuration dialog and new board wizard to highlight consequences of changes that affect multiple board properties.
PCB123 v4.1.14 Release Notes
1. Added ability to drag and drop individual wires in the schematic.
2. Fixed for customers using Windows 7 unable to order through PCB123 order wizard.
3. Fix for the timeout that the PCB123 order wizard encounters waiting for a response from the remote server following the upload of a large project to Sunstone.
PCB123 v4.1.13 Release Notes
1. Improved the behavior of drag and drop with respect to the movement of multiple area selections of schematic objects.
2. Fixed a problem with filled copper polygons that generated numerous false DRC errors.
3. Repairs some schematics that have become off the wire router grid.
4. Repairs some schematics which have poorly formed wires.
5. Improved the behavior of drag and drop with respect to the movement of individual schematic parts and ports.
6. Validation added to schematic properties dialog to prevent duplicate reference designators.
7. Fixed graphical artifacts in layout caused by dragging footprints with unrouted connections.
8. Reload part from library no longer replaces all connected schematic wires with port symbols.
9. IPC356 improvements added to Gerber123.