Customer Solutions for PCB Design Services
We are continuously updating our PCB design services. Your feedback directly affects what we do on our web site to help provide the easiest possible quote & order experience. We can't do this without you though, so please continue to send us your suggestions on how we can improve our service.
Here are some of your suggestions that we've brought to life:
- New board features - more options for customers
- PCB123 V4 Schematic and Layout software now available with a 500,000 part library and ability to research parts directly from Digi-Key
- EAGLE PCB Layout DFM add-on now in Beta version
- Soldermask advancements to ensure excellence in quality
- Electrical test on PCBexpress quickturn orders
- Reorders made easy
- New navigation & new ways to quote PCB design services
- Board outline solution
- Lead-Free Silver Immersion updates and tips
- Online Circuit Board Glossary of terms related to PCBs
- Simplified ordering
- No holds, no hassles commitment
Learn more about these advancements below.
Recently Added Features on Sunstone.com - More Options for Customers!
Online ENIG quoting now available to compliment Immersion Silver
Electroless Nickel / Immersion Gold (ENIG) is an excellent choice for your RoHS needs. The process has superior corrosion resistance and mechanical strength for good solder ability. Low temperature operation allows for good soldermask compatibility. The finish has a long shelf-life and can withstand multiple thermal cycles.
Quote up to 14-layer boards through our Full Featured Multilayer Circuit Boards Quote page.
PCB123 Version 4.0 PCB Design Software Download Now Available
Because of our exceptional PCB design services, our customers have grown both in numbers and design complexity. That’s why we’ve improved PCB123 to give you the functions you need to complete your design process, without sacrificing the easy-to-learn user interface we’re famous for!
PCB123 V4 enhancements include:
- Real-time, bi-directional views of layout and schematic
- 500,000 new parts online-downloadable, standard
- DXF file import allows PCB design to synchronize with board outline maintained in the MCAD tool
- Full customization via the new PCB123 Software Development Kit
- Dynamic bill of materials (BOM) generated and updated as the user designs, making full use of the new parts library ordering information for each of the 500,000 parts provided
- 3D design ‘fly through’ viewing features
- More fabrication options and services
Read all about our PCB123 design software and see if it is right for you!
Make your "Eagle" soar! EAGLE DFM now in Beta version.A new EAGLE PCB design service from Sunstone.
Attention Eagle CAD software users. Sunstone DFM Add-ons put design for manufacture capabilities right where you need them, in the design phase. Our DFM Add-On helps you verify that your EAGLE PCB design is in compliance every step of the way. EAGLE PCB Layout users can now design with more confidence that their PCB will be manufacturable by Sunstone.Download your free DFM rule deck for Cadsoft’s Eagle PCB Layout Editor from our downloads page.
- Free to use
- Easy installation document included
- Contains the settings needed to design rule check your EAGLE PCB design layout against Sunstone’s manufacturing capabilities
- Every EAGLE PCB design submitted for order that uses this Beta version will be double checked by Sunstone's CAM team for any potential manufacturing problems
- Saves you time, turns, and money
Watch for more DFM offerings in the future for Altium and OrCad users!
Electrical Test on PCBexpress Quickturn Orders!
Add all points Electrical Test Inspection - coming in late October. Watch for our Products News Update later this month announcing this and other new features!
Sunstone.com's Online Ordering Makes Re-Ordering Easy
Sunstone’s latest PCB design service makes re-ordering easier than ever. Our new system gives you the freedom to order PCBexpress quickturn and Full Feature boards, then reorder production boards with ease. Conveniently change quantities, add board features, and choose lead-times that fit your schedule.
No files to send in, no file mapping necessary — just a few clicks from your Sunstone login and you're done!
Our intuitive instant quote, order, and reordering system allows you the flexibility and control to upgrade past orders from Sunstone, PCBpro and PCBexpress.
With your Sunstone account you can easily:
- Upload files when quoting
- Store your payment information
- Save quotes for future ordering or easy sharing with your purchasing dept.
- Create simple reorders for add-on features, flexible lead-times and higher quantities
- View your order history, saved quotes and easily reorder within a few clicks!
- Track your orders
- ...and MORE!
Log in to view to view you order history and try our new reorder system now!
No Holds – No Hassles!
We're committed to keeping your project on schedule and making sure everything is correct the first time. Make sure you provide a phone number — if there is a problem we'll do everything we can to work out the solution with you and keep your order OFF hold. Many times we can get the order back on track in a matter of minutes, with a simple phone call.
Around the clock, Sunstone never stops working for you.
New Navigation & New Ways to Quote PCB Design Services
Our new website navigation helps us bring you the best, and easiest PCB ordering experience. New website functionality makes it even easier to quote and order. Try our PCBexpress Quickturn Quote or Full Feature Multilayer PCB Quote now.
We now have a Sunstone quoting gadget on Google. Board quoting for your iGoogle homepage puts our Sunstone order engine right at your fingertips.
Here is how to use the new sunstone Gadget on iGoogle:
- Sign in to your iGoogle account
- Click on the "Add Stuff" link in the top right header of your iGoogle account page.
- Click on the "Add Feed or Gadget" link down on the left side of the web page.
- Add this url to the textbox: http://www.sunstone.com/gadgets/iQT.xml
- Confirm the gadget request
- The Sunstone quoting gadget will now be on your home page.
Board Outline Solution
Question: When placing my PCBexpress quickturn order, I am asked whether I want to use a default rectangle or hold for outline redraw. What is the difference?
Answer: Our PCBexpress quickturn service uses your board outline to program the shape of your board. At Sunstone, we give you the opportunity to obtain a prototype circuit board in any shape your outline is drawn, provided you have submitted a continuous line with no breaks, and a space large enough for a .093 router to get to. There is no limit to arcs, angles, number of sides! Here is just a sample of a board shape that contains arcs and angles:
Because our PCBexpress quickturn service is so automated, the "default rectangle" question allows us to understand your intent when placing the order.
Many customers are not concerned with the shape of their prototype run, and don't want to be bothered with being placed on hold if the outline layer does not conform- these customers have the option of choosing a rectangle board around all their circuitry that we will generate and keep the order moving.
Other customers are checking to ensure that the shape of their board fits in whatever encasement they may be using. In that case, giving the option to "hold for outline redraw" is available if the outline does not conform in some way, since a rectangle board will not meet their needs.
This important piece of information, given to us during the ordering process, lets us know up front, so we can provide you the board you want, every time, with no surprises and no unnecessary hold ups!
We are dedicated to helping you find the right solution quickly!
Simplify Your PCB Design Service and Ordering!
Engineers tell us they must submit quotes to their Purchasing Department for authorization prior to placing an order which can cause a delay in getting the purchase setup. Often Buyers and Purchasers tell us they do not know the file information for gerber file layer setup, this can add unnecessary pre-manufacturing delays.
Sunstone understands these pains in ordering and we strive to improve your buying experience.
Allowing others to access your Sunstone account helps save you time so your projects move even quicker.
Why share my account?
- Allow others to view quotes, order history and easily reorder from one location.
- Easy file upload and gerber mapping within the account window
- Track orders for instant processing status
- Your Purchasing Dept can easily access and print accounting records
Easy steps to eliminate the guesswork:
- Log in to your Sunstone Account then quote the boards you need
- Save your quote to your Sunstone account
- Notify your Buyer or Purchasing Agent that your saved quote is ready for review
- Your Buyer or Purchaser can log into your account, click the quote to submit and complete your order
- They can complete and submit the order without touching the file information by clicking "send file later"
- When the order is completed, the Engineer can log into the account to upload and map the gerber files
- Saved quote email confirmations can be forwarded to your Purchasing Dept
- Order confirmation email asking for files will be sent to the email address for the acccount. The link within the email may be clicked to upload file saving you a step from logging into the account.
Lead-Free Silver Immersion Update and Tips
Thank you to all who have tried our RoHS compliant service and given us your feedback. We are happy to be able to offer this environmentally compliant lead-free finish at no extra charge to you, our customers! Every process has a learning curve both for us and our customers. Here are a few things that we wanted to share:
- The silver finish on the boards is very flat, and looks very light in color. In
fact, we’ve had a few customers contact us after receiving their order concerned
that we may have inadvertently applied white silkscreen ink or a white ceramic coating
to the solderable surface, instead of silver. After attempting assembly, these fears
- Because of the industry demand for High Tg, High Td, and Low CTE RoHS compliant
laminate for the manufacturing of lead-free pcbs, we currently stock only 1/2-oz.
and 1-oz. copper weights in our most popular thickness (0.062"). For any other variations,
we advise checking with us for material availability to avoid any hold up. If you
require some special weights or material thickness for your project and you are
still interested in the immersion silver finish, you are welcome to use our standard
FR4 material. Your board will still be RoHS compliant, but may not have the ability
to withstand as many rework cycles in the assembly process.
- Ask us for your free immersion silver, RoHS compliant sample circuit board! This
will give you the opportunity to view, handle, feel, and solder to this new surface
finish. We think you will be pleased with this product and place your next RoHS
order with us!
To learn more about how we can help your business, please visit our
PCB Product Comparison,
Circuit Board Assembly & Manufacturing Capabilities, and Inspection Guidelines.